Please follow us on Facebook for our latest updates!
September 23, Anchorage, AK
Click to zoom
- When: September 23rd, 2017 from 10am-3pm
- Where: Kincaid Chalet in Anchorage (9401 Raspberry Rd, Anchorage, AK 99502)
- Who: YOU! No craftiness or experience is necessary to join the magic! Our “fairy godmothers” will be on hand to teach volunteers how to make a beautiful wig!
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult to help them make their wig.
- Each wig takes an average of 2 hours to make.
- All materials will be supplied; just bring yourself and your willingness to make magic!
- Just as our wigs are free to the children who receive them, so is this event free to the public, though we suggest a $10 donation from participants to help us cover costs of supplies and shipping to send these wigs to children worldwide.
A donation of $50 or more will gain you access into our “Tiara Tavern”, where volunteers can enjoy lively music, a delicious brunch, and breathtaking views!
A tentative schedule for the day:
- 10:00 Workshop & Silent Auction Opens
- 11:30 Brunch Begins
- 12:30 Short Magic Yarn Project Presentation
- 2:00 Brunch Ends & Silent Auction Closes
- 3:00 Workshop draws to a close
We are funded 100% by donations and 100% of funds raised go directly to making and sending our wigs to children and cancer centers around the world.
If you are planning on attending with a group larger than 6 people, you must RSVP with the number of people in your group so that we may accommodate everyone!
Questions? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A special thanks to our early sponsors: