Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Foam flowers OK.

Have we all had the cheap flower lei whose petals frayed within minutes of wearing? I have and am trying to avoid those cheap flowers as I buy Moana supplies. The polyester flowers on Amazon only had 3.5 stars and do not look sturdy, so I bought these brightly colored craft foam ones. https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9ImG88zRd74AA4EvBGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTEzMWhxdGM2BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVUkwMVRDXzEEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1563780156/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.com%2fPursuestar-Frangipani-Artificial-Plumeria-Decoration%2fdp%2fB01AK74C7E/RK=2/RS=fG5kXreLterIq3YM_hFstfQJr9A-

They have arrived and they are very pretty. They will survive if the wig gets washed and they stick nicely when glued to yarn-  I tested them. They have a little too much depth, so I will need to flatten them slightly and I have figured out how to do that. I’m concerned though about my foam flowers not being acceptable. I’m trying to work my way through the characters in the hopes that I may one day run workshops. Care to share your thoughts on these foam flowers, or perhaps links to good quality tropical flowers?

That was supposed to be a question. “Foam flowers Ok?”

I think I have answered my own question. I made a wreath of the foam frangipani and placed it on my Moana hair to see what it looks like. While very pretty, the foam flowers make it inconsistent with the other wigs and wig styles. I will continue to look for silk-like tropical flowers like hibiscus or frangipani to finish my Moana. If anyone has a good online source for tropical flowers, please share.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hi Kelli,

At this time we only use silk flowers. You are correct in that there are good silk flowers and less than ideal silk flowers. I tend to stay away from the deals that seem to be too good to be true as they often fray. Joanns has their silk flowers on season end clearance right now.

KelliJordan has reacted to this post.
KelliJordan