All donations made on this page will go directly to the Southwest Region.
Support Chapter Leaders
What We Need
✨WHAT WE NEED✨
If this is your first time making a wig, please mail a sample in for feedback before investing more time and money into additional wigs. Don’t crochet? Contact me to get approval to receive wig kits. NEW!! In order to receive wig kits, you will need to purchase a membership in The Magic Circle so that you have access to the video tutorials. The kits only include the crocheted beanie and accessories. You are responsible for the remainder of the materials for the wig. Walmart.com has a wig stand tripod for about $14 or you can make your own from wood blocks and a dowel rod. Sally’s Beauty Supply sells 21″ foam heads or you can buy them on Amazon (please use Amazon Smile and select The Magic Yarn Project as your designated charity). The elastic is on Amazon, search 1mm elastic cord.
Current Wig Needs:
- Elsa with white beanie
- Elsa with blue striped beanie
- Rapunzel with Lavender/purple beanie
- Rapunzel with yellow/sunshine beanie
Video tutorials for most wigs can be accessed in The Magic Circle. You can find out how to join by going here: https://themagicyarnproject.com/membership/
💖 CHARACTER AND SUPERHERO BEANIES
Current Character and Superhero Beanie Needs:
We need all of them. Our greatest need at this time is for Spider-man beanies. Please use the Magic Yarn Project beanie for all of the character and superhero beanies. This means that if you find a pattern for a double crochet beanie and logo, just make the logo from the pattern and attach it to a Magic Yarn beanie. The same for beanies with masks. Instead of crocheting a double crochet beanie and attaching a mask, add the mask to a Magic Yarn beanie. Free crochet patterns can be found here:
💖 CROCHET BEANIES
If this is your first time crocheting for The Magic Yarn Project, please mail in a two sample beanies for feedback before investing more time and money. Not every beanie can hold the weight of the yarn we attach for hair. We use Caron Simply Soft for most of our beanies. The specific colors needed are always listed below. Please send which yarn you used when mailing in your beanies.
Current Beanie Needs:
Belle: Caron Simply Soft in Chocolate
Elsa striped beanies with Caron Simply Soft Robins Egg, Blue Mint and White
Patterns can be found here:
💖 CROCHET TIARAS
Current Tiara Needs:
- Tiana – Yarn Bee Soft Secret Key Lime or Seafoam bedazzled with green, clear and/or soft pink gems
- Merida – CSS Pagoda with accent of Gold or YBSS Blue Teal with accent of Honey bedazzled with teal and/or gold gems
- Belle – Yarn Bee Soft Secret Butter bedazzled with clear, yellow or red gems.
- Anna – Her preferred tiara uses both maroon and royal blue. You may also use Caron Party Sparkle in Fuchsia and Royal, Red Heart Soft in Berry and Royal Blue, Red Heart with Love Bosenberry and Peacock bedazzled with royal blue, hot pink, green and clear gems.
💖 CROCHET SNOWFLAKES
Current Snowflake Needs:
- Large blue snowflakes for the white Elsa beanies in CSS Robins Egg, Blue Mint or Soft Blue, Red Heart Soft in Turquoise or YBSS in Hot Turquoise or Aqua
- Large white snowflakes for the Anna and Elsa striped beanies in CSS Party Sparkle Snow White, CSS white, Red Heart Soft White, YBSS White, I Love This Yarn Metallic White Sparkle bedazzled with clear, aqua, turquoise or soft blue crafting gems.
💖 CROCHET STARFISH
Current Starfish Needs:
Small, medium and large sized starfish in:
Caron Party Sparkle Teal, Purple or Grape,
Caron Simply Soft Cool Green, Robins Egg, Iris, Grape or Blue Mint,
RedHeart Soft Deep Sea, Lavender or Turquoise,
Yarn Bee Soft Secret Aqua, Teal, Blue Teal, Violet, Hot Grape or Hot Turquoise.
💖 CROCHET BUNS AND RINGLETS
Current Bun and Ringlet Needs:
Belle – https://themagicyarnproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Belle-Bun-and-Ringlets.pdf
We need Belle buns and ringlets in Caron Simply Soft “Chocolate” and Yarn Bee Soft Secret in “Cocoa”
Cinderella – https://themagicyarnproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Cinderella-Bun-and-Ringlet.pdf
We need Cinderella buns and ringlets in Yarn Bee Soft Secret “Butter”
Tiana – https://themagicyarnproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Tiana-Bun-and-Ringlet.pdf
We need Tiana buns and ringlets in Caron Simply Soft “Black”
💖 DECORATE ENVELOPES
Current Envelope Needs:
Each wig is mailed with a card decorated to coordinate with the character of the wig.
Currently we need:
- Rainbow (generic princess)
- Captain America
- The Hulk
- Iron Man
- Pirate (Captain Jack Sparrow)
- Each Individual Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle
Guidelines are found here:
💖 BEDAZZLE SILK FLOWERS
Current Bedazzled Flower Needs:
At this time, we have plenty of bedazzled flowers for both Rapunzel and Moana. However, we can use small flowers for Tiana in light pinks and light green. If you can find some Magnolias to bedazzle, we can use some of those as well.
💖 DONATED FUNDS
We are always in need of donated funds, primarily to ship the wigs to the children. It costs about $50 to create and ship one wig. Each of our over 17,000 wigs have been funded by donors like you. All donations made through our region’s webpage, support our region.
💖 OTHER NEEDS
Supplies: If you’re interested in helping out by providing supplies, please go to this link to see what supplies our Regional Office needs:
💖 CUT YARN
We always need cut yarn for our most popular wigs:
- Caron Simply Soft White and Caron Party Sparkle Snow White or Red Heart with Love Metallic White cut to 80 inches in length (Elsa)
- Caron Simply Soft Sunshine cut to 100 inches in length (Rapunzel)
- Caron Simply Soft Harvest Red and Caron Party Sparkle Red or Red Heart with Love Metallic Red cut to 60 inches in length (Ariel)
- Caron Simply Soft Chocolate cut to 40 inches in length (Belle)
- Caron Simply Soft Black and Caron Party Sparkle Black cut to 80 inches in length (Jasmine)
- Lion Brand Heartland Yosemite cut to 60 inches in length (Anna)
- I Love This Chunky in Cool Black and Heathered Brown cut to 40 inches in length (Moana)
- Caron Simply Soft Baby Sunshine cut in 40 inch lengths (Aurora)
- Red Heart Super Saver in Retro Stripe cut in 60 inch lengths (Rainbow)
Cutting Board instructions:
💖 WORKSHOP LEADERS
I would LOVE to see more Magic Makers hosting workshops! Here’s how to become a Workshop Leader:
Southwest Region Email:
Please send your finished wigs, beanies, and accessories to:
PO Box 2549
Peoria, AZ 85380
Thank you Magic Makers! 💝
Region Leader Tina Alfieri