The Magic Yarn Project uses more than a thousand skeins of yarn every month! We always need the following brands and colors of cut yarn for our most popular wigs:
- Caron Simply Soft in “Sunshine,” cut to 100 inches in length (Rapunzel)
- Caron Simply Soft in “White” and Caron Party Sparkle in “Snow White,” cut to 80 inches in length (Elsa)
- Caron Simply Soft in “Harvest Red” and Caron Party Sparkle in “Red,” cut to 60 inches in length (Ariel)
- Caron Simply Soft in “Chocolate,” cut to 40 inches in length (Belle)
- Caron Simply Soft in “Baby Sunshine,” cut to 40 inches in length (Aurora)
- Caron Simply Soft in “Black” and Caron Party Sparkle in “Black,” cut to 80 inches in length (Jasmine)
- Lion Brand Heartland in “Yosemite,” cut to 60 inches in length (Anna)
- Lion Brand Homespun in “Black” and “Desert Mountain” or “Barley,” cut to 40 inches in length (Moana)
- Any of the following brands & colors (mostly black), cut to 30 inches in length (Jack Sparrow):
- Lion Brand Hometown: Oakland Black, Chicago Charcoal, Little Rock Granite, or Billings Chocolate
- Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick: Black, Barley, Charcoal, Obsidian, Granite, or Wood
Please package each of your cut and tied bundles in a clear zip-top bag with the yarn skein label inside.
Mail your bundles to any one of our three Donation Locations, which you can find here: Donation Locations.
Building your own yarn-cutting board is an inexpensive way to make cutting and bundling yarn to the correct lengths much easier! Here is our favorite pattern for building a board:
- You will need one 7/8″-wide dowel cut into to four 6″ pegs, one 1″x6″ board approximately 60″ long, and four wood screws. A 7/8″ drill bit is strongly recommended.
- Mark the spot for your first peg about 4″ from the end of the board. Then mark the next three pegs spaced 30″, 40″, and 50″ from the first.
- Drill a shallow notch for each peg using the 7/8″ bit. Place one peg in each notch and screw into place from below. Wood glue is optional.
- Zoom in to see the peg distances for each wig style.
Click here for printable .pdf file.