The Magic Yarn Project uses more than a thousand skeins of yarn every month! We always need cut yarn for our most popular wigs:
- Caron Simply Soft in “Sunshine,” cut to 100 inches in length (Rapunzel)
- Caron Simply Soft in “White” and Caron Party Sparkle in “Snow White,” cut to 80 inches in length (Elsa)
- Caron Simply Soft in “Harvest Red” and Caron Party Sparkle in “Red,” cut to 60 inches in length (Ariel)
- Caron Simply Soft in “Chocolate,” cut to 40 inches in length (Belle)
- Caron Simply Soft in “Baby Sunshine,” cut to 40 inches in length (Aurora)
- Caron Simply Soft in “Black” and Caron Party Sparkle in “Black,” cut to 80 inches in length (Jasmine)
- Lion Brand Heartland in “Yosemite,” cut to 60 inches in length (Anna)
- Lion Brand Homespun in “Black” and “Desert Mountain” or “Barley,” cut to 40 inches in length (Moana)
- Many colors & brands of bulky yarn (See options here), cut to 30 inches in length (Jack Sparrow)
Please package each of your cut and tied bundles in a clear zip-top bag with the yarn skein label inside.
Give or mail your bundles to your local Workshop, Chapter, or Region Leader.
If you would like to know what is needed most in your area, please contact your nearest Region Leader.
Building your own yarn-cutting board is an inexpensive way to make cutting and bundling yarn to the correct lengths much easier! Here is our favorite pattern for building a board:
- You will need one 7/8″-wide dowel cut into to four 6″ pegs, one 1″x6″ board approximately 60″ long, and four wood screws. A 7/8″ drill bit is strongly recommended.
- Mark the spot for your first peg about 4″ from the end of the board. Then mark the next three pegs spaced 30″, 40″, and 50″ from the first.
- Drill a shallow notch for each peg using the 7/8″ bit. Place one peg in each notch and screw into place from below. Wood glue is optional.
- Zoom in to see the peg distances for each wig style.
Click here for printable .pdf file.