The Magic Yarn Project needs thousands of fabric flowers every month. Our flower combinations are sparkly, easy, and perfect for beginner Magic Makers! Watch the video below to see why bedazzling flowers is the first project for many volunteers who want to help The Magic Yarn Project bloom.
- Flowers should be fake/fabric. NO paper, plastic, foam, felt, or crocheted flowers (with the exception of Belle’s Rose).
- Take flowers off their stems/leaves and remove all plastic backings and centers. Keep ONLY the fabric petals, so that the flowers lie as flat as possible when glued on the wigs.
- Stack and glue 2-3 fabric flower layers in complementary colors together with hot glue. Moana flowers (only) may also have some small, flat leaves glued to the back.
- Add a flat-backed plastic crafting gem to the center. NO spherical/double-sided gems, glass, pearls, or buttons, please!
- Flowers that work well: Gerbera daisies, smaller daisies, hydrangeas (our favorites for Rapunzel!), hibiscus, pansies, carnations, ranunculus, dahlias, and tweedia. Remember to remove ALL plastic pieces between petal layers of fuller flowers like ranunculus and dahlias.
- DO NOT use bulky flowers (that do not lay flat). Examples of flowers to avoid: lilies, peonies, roses, chrysanthemums, sunflowers, or anything with plastic glued to the petals.
- Please see below for the size & color combinations that we need!